Let us take care of you!

Lone Mountain 4

Why see an allergist in Big Sky country, Part II?

Lone Mountain-4

Food allergy reactions can be severe and while sometimes it is straightforward to identify the specific food, questions that we can answer are:  Will I outgrow it? What CAN I eat? What are healthy alternatives? What do I do if I am exposed again?  What do I need to do for school or daycare?

  • At FAACM, we will help you distinguish between food allergies and intolerance, provide specific food elimination diets and develop a plan of action for home, work and school in case of accidental exposure.

Anaphylaxis is the most severe type of allergic reaction.  There is no substitute for an allergist to correctly identify and treat severe allergic reactions.  If you had a severe reaction to an insect sting and were only prescribed self-injectable epinephrine (EpiPen or Auvi-Q) and told to avoid “bees,” you have been under treated.

  • At FAACM, we will provide a detailed written Anaphylaxis Action Plan to direct you in early recognition and appropriate treatment of a reaction, teach proper epinephrine auto-injector technique, identify the anaphylaxis trigger if not already known, discuss treatment options and provide up-to-date evidence of risks and prognosis.

Drug allergies are frustrating and at times it is difficult to determine which medication caused the problem if multiple medications were being taken simultaneously.   Allergy testing is available for penicillin and local anesthetics.  Most people “outgrow” their penicillin allergy especially if it’s been years since the reaction.

  • At FAACM, we can test you to penicillin or local anesthetics to determine if you are still allergic or not.  Wouldn’t it be nice to avoid the expensive antibiotics that can have more side effects?

If you or your family is affected by these conditions, see a specialist to get the facts, find answers and find relief!

This information is solely for informational purposes and not intended as a substitute for consultation with a medical professional. 

Leave a Reply