Peanut Allergy Death
Last month, Cameron, a college freshman returned home to Massachusetts. He ate a cookie without knowing it contained peanut and suffered a fatal anaphylactic reaction. This is a sad reminder that food allergies can be deadly and important for all food allergic patients to have an unexpired auto-injector of Epinephrine available at all times.
If you have a severe food allergy, see an allergist and become prepared:
- Have 2 self-injectable epinephrine devices available at all times
- Read food/ingredient labels and avoid foods not labeled
- Have an Anaphylaxis Action Plan
- Wear a Medical ID bracelet
Our thoughts and prayers are with Cameron’s family and friends.