Are you prepared for your child with asthma or allergies to go to summer camp?
Attending camp can be the greatest experience all summer with memories that last a life time. Having a child with asthma and allergies going to summer camp brings certain challenges. These challenges can be met and overcome by being prepared! In the April 2013 issue of Montana Parent magazine, you will find answers to:
- What kinds of allergic triggers could be at summer camp?
- What can be done to ensure a safe camp experience?
- What important questions should I ask the camp director/staff?
- What can I do to prepare my child for a safe summer camp?
To read the brief article, go to: http://digital.turn-page.com/i/118965 and go to page 60.
Parents see fun and safety as most important to the camp experience. Let summer camp be a safe adventure!
If you are interested in asthma camp in Montana this summer, check out:
- Camp Huff ‘N Puff
- Located just west of Helena at Camp Child (operated by Helena Family YMCA)
- July 14-19, 2013
- Grades: going into 2nd through 9th grade
- Cost $100 per camper
- Dr. Tom Strizich at 406-447-2885 for a medical form or if you have questions.